Role and Responsibilites
Testing is a vital part of the quality control process when creating a software package. As well as finding and recording faults, you’ll also report on the softwares functionality and recommend improvements. Typically you will be responsible for:
- Test out all functions of the software.
- Check performance against what the designer intended.
- Record problems and suggest improvements.
- Try to work out what's causing problems.
- Check the software’s accessibility options.
- Check for spelling mistakes.
- Check the text on packaging and in instruction manuals.
- Enter each 'bug report' into a quality management system.
*Controllers rated C1 or higher and would like to test under a CTR callsign then please let us know.
- Minimum of 100 ATC hours or 75 hours on a particular position.
- Must use the Euroscope controller client.
- Willing to spend 5 hours a more for testing purposes whilst connected with an APP/TWR/GND/DEL Callsign*.
- Must be willing to work / control with others in order to get maximum benefit from the program.
- Must have good knowledge of, or be able to learn how to efficiently use the program.
- Show a genuine interest for the software and its development.
Skills and Qualities
The following skills are not a requirement however will aid your application:
Proceed to Application Form
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Some understanding of quality assurance processes.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good negotiation skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Patience and persistence, for repetitive work.
- A methodical and disciplined approach.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A willingness to work flexibly.