First Version: V1.00 - 23/12/14 1315z
Current Version: V1.09
Last Edit: 04/04/16 1720z
Date Effective: 10/04/16
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or any vStrips service, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name.
- Contact information including email address.
- Your IP address.
- Details about your connections to the VATSIM network with whilst using a vStrips service.
- The version of any of our services that you are using.
- Computer specific information such as but not limited to your operating system type and version.
- A history of your usage of our services.
- The URL of the web-page that referred you to our website (if applicable).
- Your path through our website.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To enable our services to function fully.
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our services.
- To customise the website.
- To contact you when providing a response to a query or request for support.
- To increase the ease at which you are able to interact with our services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
In order to ensure the authenticity of your connection to our services and to prevent data interception we request that you utilize secure connection methods to our services where available.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web-page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may use a VPN when using any vStrips service to prevent us from recording your real IP address.
- You may send a Do Not Track (DNT) request with your browsing data when you visit our website which we will respond to by attempting to limit the amount of data that we collect about you during your visit.
- When asked to provide us with your name (unless it is for legal purposes) you may supply us with a sensible alias to use for the duration of our correspondence as long as you inform us that you are using an alias.
- You may supply us with a temporary email address, as long as you will have access to it for the duration of our correspondence and inform us that you are using a temporary email address.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please submit a ticket using our helpdesk.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible using our helpdesk. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.